Pages

Tuesday 5 April 2011

3-D origami

Pin It


I used to be very interested in origami as young, and taught myself a fair few creations. Of course, finding information and free pattern was a tad harder then, what with no internet, no Google, and no YouTube.

I was cruising around at YouTube the other day looking at how to fold napkins (yes, that's what I do, randomly cruising around on the net looking up interesting stuff like that ;)), when I stumbled across something they called 3-D origami. I was instantly intrigued. And of course, I had to give it a go. With 3-D origami you build 3-D figures using lots and lots and lots of tiny folded triangles.

Now, the figure I am trying to make, although described as an easy pattern and suitable for beginners, requires 500 triangles. Yup, you heard me. 500. Folded. Triangles.

So I started folding. And I folded. And I fold. And I will be folding tomorrow. And probably the day after that as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment