Pages

Monday 16 April 2012

Easy Peasy Crochet Basket Pattern

Pin It
Norwegian pattern here!

I needed something to put my knitting in which could live next to (read: on) my couch. For the last 4 years my knitting has lived in a rather tired looking plastic bag. And although a plastic bag is handy and does the job, it is neither decorative nor pretty.

So, I decided to crochet me a basket. I have seen lots of pretty baskets on the big ol' internet and thought they looked decent enough. I had some really chunky yarn i wool which I just couldn't find any good use for, but this project was perfect. The best thing is that the basket seems to expand with whatever you put into it. Magic!

BASKET:
Needle: 6 mm crochet needle
Yardage: Not sure

Bottom:
Crochet 5 sts into a magic circle, close the ring with 1 sl st in first ch.
ROUND 1: Ch 1, 2 sc in each sc around, close circle with a slip stitch (10 sts)
ROUND 2: Ch 1, *4 sc, 2 sc in 1*, repeat ** once, close circle with a slip stitch (18 sts)
ROUND 3: Ch 2, *1 dc, 2 dc in 1* repeat 8 times, close circle with a slip stitch (27 sts)
ROUND 4: Ch 2, *2 dc, 2 dc in 1* repeat 8 times, close circle with a slip stitch (36 sts)

Continue inc like this on every round with 1 dc more between every inc until piece measures approx. 25 cm in diameter (or desired size).

Edge:
Continue to work 1 dc in every dc until edge measures 20 cm. Start each round with ch 2 and finish each round with a slip stitch.Cut and fasten the threads. Fold the edge double at the top.

2 comments:

  1. Great basket! I plan on making this, but I was hoping you could clarify what the "WCh" and "Wh" meant. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, slight slip of the finger there :-). Should be Ch and not WCh nor Wh :-S. Have corrected the pattern. Thanks for letting me know.

      Delete